Mindfulness Practice (Sitting) Group
a service of the Mindfulness Practice Group: Tony Recio, Chair
the 2nd Friday and the Wednesday following, beginning promptly at 12:15 and concluding at 12:30.
It is not necessary that you have any experience with mindfulness to join in.
We hope you will join us and look forward to our next gathering. If you have any questions, contact Tony Recio at [email protected]
Tele-Meditation Instructions and Information
Below you will find information on how to join to call and suggestions for creating the space, so that we might together enjoy a 15-minute lightly guided mindfulness sitting.
Phone In Instructions:
1. The group sitting will begin promptly at 12:15 and end at 12:30.
2. Before 12:15, dial (305) 728-4106.
3. The Participant Code will be e-mail to all members in advance of the call. (The Code for December 16 is 1972421)
*If you would alike to receive the code prior to the call, contact Tony Recio or Scott Rogers.
Note: The session is capped at 20, so it you are unable to connect, it may be because the line is filled. You can still sit (with everyone else), and perhaps pay attention to the arising of "frustration."
Creating the Space:
One of the benefits of an in-person group sitting is that the space and the group creates a sense of purpose, of meaning and connect, . . . and it is difficult to look at your phone, receive or send a text, or check your e-mails.
One of the benefits of Tele-Meditating is that you need not spend more time getting to and from the DCBA office or using gas to do so, that the 15 minutes is just that, 15 minutes, and that you are still connecting with others.
Here are some suggestions for creating a space that will be helpful to you and, perhaps helpful to others.
Note: Consider inviting a friend or colleague join you.
1. Put a "Do Not Disturb" note on your door.
2. Turn off your computer.
3. Silence your cell phone and put it in a drawer (unless you are using it for the call).
4. Silence the tone of your phone. Place your phone on MUTE.
After the Mindful Practice is Over:
1. Take the "Do Not Disturb" note off your door.
2. Turn on your computer.
3. Retrieve your cell phone and return it to your preferred settings.
4. Turn on your phone's ringer.
Note: You may find that you want to sit for a few minutes longer in silence.